October and November 2020
Due to demand, we will be offering more of our social distancing workshops over the next two months.
If you would like to try Gill’s faux stone workshop or one of Bev’s paper craft “journalling” afternoons, please message us and we can decide on the dates .
We will restart our workshops with a two day workshop on 9th and 16th July 2020!
Maximum of four people to preserve distancing, and masks please!
Gill proposes her new, faux stone finish workshop-
You will learn how to create three dimensional motifs with plaster on wood , how to use three colours of chalk paint to achieve a stone effect, how to use watercolour inks to suggest age and wear and how to finally finish your piece for indoor or sheltered outdoor use.
All materials and light refreshments supplied.
AUTUMN AND WINTER WORKSHOPS
New workshops are on their way-
Cross stitch for beginners- with Sajou threads
Painted hanging signs
Flower painting in acrylics
Home decor and furniture renovation techniques
Marble printing on paper
MESSAGE US FOR INFORMATION- DATES TO BE SET
After a busy start to our summer, we have some new workshop dates for your diary-
15th August – Chalk painting workshop. Choose from a selection of wooden pieces including picture frames, shelves, boxes and letter racks and learn how to achieve a two colour layered finish using wax-resist techniques.
22nd August- Hand painting and decorative flourishes workshop. Choose your wooden item and learn simple ways to transfer and paint your chosen design.
29th August- Fresco 3d stencil workshop. Learn how to create a three dimensional, textured motif using paint and plaster. Take home an original piece of art and a technique you can use at home on your walls!
Each workshop includes ALL materials and you can take something truly unique home to be proud of.
Pay on the website via Paypal, or message us for fee-free bank transfer payments
25th June- Decoupage – Learn how to apply paper motifs and designs onto a choice of painted pieces, trays, birdhouses and more. Then seal and finish your special piece! 30€.
13th June and 27th June – Faux gilding. create your own oriental inspired small wall shelf and learn how to embellish your piece with gorgeous silver, gold, bronze or copper finishes and hand painted motifs. This will be a longer, four hour plus workshop, so if anyone is interested in splitting over two sessions, please message for options! €35
- April and May 2019
- 23rd April – Fresco painting. Learn how to blend paints to create a soft ombre background. Choose a classic or contemporary stencil to make a three dimensional plaster relief design 30 €
- 25th April- Shelf painting with chalk paints. Learn to create a professional looking and individual finish with chalk paints and waxes. Those who attended our first painting classes in March can build on their new skills and get really creative! 30€
- May 7th- Felt pansies. learn how to make three pretty felt pansies which can be used as brooches or hairclips. Choose your colours from our selection. Basic embroidery skills a bonus! 28€
- May 14th – Felt viola plant. Create a sweet little plant using basic embroidery stitches, felt, terracotta pot, wooden base, moss etc. A little trickier, so basic embroidery skills a must. 35€
- May 21st- Silk ribbon embroidery– Create a beautiful, dimensional motif using narrow silk ribbons and embroidery stitches. Basic embroidery skills essential. 35€
Please message us to reserve your place as these are strictly limited for each workshop.
All materials are included; though you may like to bring a favourite pair of scissors for the embroidery workshops
You can now pay via Paypal or bank/credit card (see buttons below) or contact us for bank transfer service details (France, UK, Australian options)
Workshops start from 28€, so just make your payment below and then you can pay any balance due on the day.
Or come in and see us at La Vie Vintage!